Thursday 15 December 2011

He REALLY can use it ALL!!!

This will probably be my last blog before Christmas.......we're heading out to Switzerland tomorrow, and even though I am pretty organized (that's definitely a novelty around here - packing would normally find me in such hectic until the very last minute) - PTL :) - still I don't see many more idle moments, and I am not sure, what kind of frantic pace will meet me there. So I want to take this moment, to extend my warmest Christmas Wishes to you. May the Peace and Love of Christ permeate your soul this Christmas, and give you rest!!! Rest this broken world needs so desperately.

I am blown away, how things are starting to fall together, and what seemed to be my biggest troubles, struggles and challenges, turn out to be my biggest blessings in disguise. Had I not suffered during my childhood (I was taken by ambulance into the hospital at not even age 2 with Pseudo Krupp - and was placed under an oxygen tent - mind you at the time moms were not allowed in the hospital.....so it was a dreadful place - I thought everybody had deserted me - that I wasn't worth keeping - mind you it's been many many years later, that I figured this out, through all kinds of therapy) - and then having had Asthma ever since has not proven easy - yet again, had I not suffered this greatly, I couldn't appreciate the peace and joy that has been given to me - as my pre-Christmas gift by my Daddy in Heaven!!! 


Yet He loved me so completely through it, that today I can say: even though my Dad here on earth chose his horses (I was allergic to horses - and got asthma when in contact with them) over my health could be used for the good of me - the rejection of it hurt deeply, but over the years, Jesus healed it and today I cannot even be mad at my Dad anymore, for I see that he didn't have an agenda to hurt me, he was just, who He needed to be at that time. I see him as this struggling soul, who is desperately trying to find his way home - into the loving arms of His Father in Heaven, and his earthly father who is in Heaven, for that matter, to find love, peace and acceptance, that the world withheld from him for so long. And if I can extend any of this love and acceptance here on this planet, I will gladly do it - for His Grace is sufficient for all of us here on earth. All I have to do is, to love my neighbour (figure of speech ;) - all the people I encounter during my days here on earth with the love Christ has shown me - that He showered over me by His Grace alone - so now I am asked to extend that to all my fellow men - for I got it for free, so I am giving it freely.

And He truly can use it all - no matter the circumstances we find ourselves in - He can turn it around for the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.....

This purpose may just be to give comfort to those that go through the same as you did, but in that there is great joy, cause you can extend His hand to the ones that are without hope regarding a special situation. Isn't that just amazing. Whatever it is, what my God wants from me: my answer is YES!!! For thankfully I never have to worry about the how the assignment He has for me is fulfilled, but only do what He asks me to do, when He asks me to do it, and He'll take care of the rest.

This is my Christmas message for you: never doubt that God can use you!!! He has turned me around, and that's a miracle in itself.  He has been with David (a shepherd boy appointed to be king by God Himself) and with Gideon and Esther, just to name a few of those who walked the earth before us.

The Glory belongs to God alone


No comments:

Post a Comment