Friday 9 December 2011

Set free to fly....

Today, as I was getting together with my sister for lunch......we were sharing about our faith and what God has done for each one of us..... - it's amazing, what He can do, if we let Him - if we realize our need for forgiveness and healing.

My heart is overflowing with deep deep love for Him, who set me free to fly - by His Grace alone I am set free to fly!!! I feel like this butterfly, that has just come out of its chrysalis, and spreads its wings to fly. These last years have been very very difficult. Last year I was hoping that 2011 would get easier - yet it didn't - throughout the year I thought that this was one of the hardest years ever- with the scare that I could have lost my mother in the spring to a ruptured colon....and all the other things I mentioned in my earlier posts. But as this year draws to a close, I am tempted to say, it was the best ever, as by His Grace I have been set free - truly set free. Never have I felt so free in my heart, so loved and so fully accepted - you know, He's created us all in His image......and He doesn't create crap - He made us all for His purpose, to help other people to see the love of Christ - and to shine His light into this dark and broken world.

So grateful and humbled beyond all I could ever even imagine - amazed, that He could use me, who's middle name was insecurity - always trying to live up to the expectations of others - rarely living up to my own.........and with all the insecurities that were my personal make up, He has now given me back the dignity and respect that is our birth right........I am not afraid anymore that people might desert me, cause I am safe in the loving arms of the One who loves me so completely, that it never fails to bring tears to my eyes, when I feel His tender touch.

Wow, who would have ever guessed I'd feel this whole and free in my life. The Glory is to God alone - without Him, none of this could have happened.

He sure is worth pursuing........ - The year that seemed to be the hardest ever, turns out to be the most blessed ever. This year has seen me struggling with depression, but now it's leaving me in Awe at what the Creator of the Universe, God Almighty has done for me - and FINALLY I can spread my wings and FLY!!!.

As Laura Story sings - maybe it's through the raindrops and through the tears, that we receive our greatest blessings.

In Christ alone,
Grace 4ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment