Saturday 25 February 2012

Exhaustion.....but God is bigger - Hallelujah


It's Saturday and I have a bit of time, until my daughter and I have to go pick up my son from dance.........I am utterly exhausted - and the world is surely pressing in from all sides. People telling me, what I am doing wrong and how I should do things right.....accusing me of being poorly organized, depressed and all kinds of other things. Yet God is bigger and He sees me from the inside - He sees, that I give the best I have (the best I have may not be what the world considers the best, but all that really counts, is, what He says of me.) 

When I spend time in His presence, He tells me, that there is a time for everything - right now, in my life, that means: Be Mary, not Martha - dwell in my presence, as this is where your weary soul finds rest and is safe from your enemies. Trust in me, my dear child, my chosen one, I will protect you and I will provide for your needs. Don't try to please everyone around you, but run to me, and trust me with your life, don't try to do life on your own. I want you to win the race, my sweet daughter - my princess, so come to me and let me hold your hand and walk you through!!!

This is powerful and despite my exhaustion, I can feel Him changing the way I see life and feel His Love permeating my soul. More and more my outlook on life gets altered. I know, that I don't have to take the blows, the world tries to throw at me, and that I don't have to enter into the storms that are raging out there - by the way, in the world there will always be storms - but with Christ by our side, we don't have to drown in them, cause He has calmed the see, when He was out on the Lake with His disciples. So it's a choice: do we completely trust Him, and stay calm, knowing, that He is in Control, or are we fearful, that the enemy might swallow us whole, and that God is not who He says He is.

Even though I sometimes stumble, and get lured in by the world's point of view, deep down in my heart I know that I am safe in His loving arms, I just need to spend time with Him, and place my burdens at His feet. Then He will lift me up from amongst my enemies, and His Favour will follow me, wherever I go, and His Grace will lighten my step. My prayer for me and all of you today is, that we would not allow the world to drown the voice of God so easily, but that we would hang onto His promises and claim them for ourselves at all times. 

I find it helpful, to insert my name in the Bible passage , that speaks to me. That way, it becomes more personal and holds more strength. For example: 'I know the plans, I have for you, Youschka, plans to prosper you and not to harm you - Plans to give you a Hope and a Future'......maybe you want to try that, too sometimes :)

God  knows our heart of heart, He sees your potential, the world sees the result and the failure - make sure, that you stay pure in the heart, and love God with all your strength and He will bless you. One thing we can be sure of is, that God never runs out of Love, Joy, Grace and Mercy. He is never going to run out of anything - He provides and blesses us beyond anything we could ever ask for. Trust in Him always. He will complete the good work, He began in you. Therefore, we ought to never loose Hope!!! Don't let the world convince you to think differently. You are His priced possession  - it cost Him, His life.

The Glory be to God forever - Hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment