Monday 16 January 2012

In Love with Jesus

Good night my friends, I should actually be in bed already....but I am just too wired to sleep yet, so I thought, what is the best way to spend these last moments of the day - and then you came to mind......I hope you are all well....and that your relationship with Christ is thriving (how ever that might look, whatever that might mean).

Today I retweeted a tweet I read on twitter - here it is:

I am absolutely, definitely, positively, unquestionably, no strings attached, beyond any doubt, unconditionally, in love with you JESUS


And that just sums it up ever so wonderfully. Yes, I am in love with Him - what a great friend I found in Him - the one I hang out with continuously lately - all that I ever dreamt of, does indeed exist.


When I look back over my not so young life.....I realize, that yes, I it wasn't easy, but He has been with me ALL THE TIME - and all the things that I had to endure made me into who I am today. Forever grateful, that the Lover of my soul has chosen to purify me over all this time.....and that He has opened my eyes, to His tremendous blessings......I would not want to redo anything - there have been mistakes along the way, stubbornness and rebellion, not having enough patience to wait for Him to come through.....but that's the stuff I am made off, and He knew to mold me despite or because of my initial make up  - into the real authentic me. 

There was sickness, there was hurt, there was loneliness, there was hatred, there was love, there was grief, there was hope there was devastation, there was laughter and there were tears, there was betrayal, there was trust, there was war, there was peace - yet, He could use it all. As He says in Ecclesiastes: between birth and death, there is a time for everything.....it doesn't matter, if we make a ton of money, if we live successfully by the worlds standards, if we learn all there is to learn......in the end, what really counts, is: Did we fulfil His purpose, could He use us....because, in doing this, there is great freedom. It's AMAZING, that in obedience there should be freedom, and in surrendering to His Will, there should be PEACE - but that's exactly, what we find, when we surrender our rebellion, our stubbornness, our 'I can do this by myself - I don't need anybody' - finally we can let go, and let God. 

That's the most liberating task in life. All of the sudden we don't crave substitutes for the real thing (sweets, affection and affirmation by those around us, riches....) the REAL THING is the Love and Acceptance of Our Lord Jesus Christ. He doesn't want to lord it over us, but He wants to share our lives with us - as the best friend, anybody could ever have. So true and faithful.

So thankful for His redeeming Love and His tender touch. One thing I can say for sure today is: Never ever was I so comfortable in my own skin - do I dare to be wholly me. Being authentic to the core of all that God equipped me with for this life, without the fear of being judged by my fellowmen, cause I am fully accepted and loved by the one, who made me.

My prayer for you tonight is, that you may feel inspired to press forward into God - He will meet you, where ever you are at this moment, and He knows your heart.....and He Loves You unconditionally forever and ever, and nothing you can do, will change this love (for better or worse) - HE LOVES YOU 'Period'. Because you were created in His image - to do even greater things than He. DARE to believe in Yourself, as He believes in YOU!!!

With such deep affection and love,
your sister in Christ





No comments:

Post a Comment