Saturday 19 November 2011

First Blog ever......

September 21, 2011


Heaven knows, the last years were really hard, with my divorce, the move to Canada, all the strife in the family and then the difficulties with my son. It has cost me some gray hair, that's for sure - Praise God for being blonde (at least it doesn't show too much)!!!

Then let's go to the beginning of this year, my nanny resigning, the Tsunami Warning in Hawaii and following Evacuation/spending the night in the car - followed by my mom's emergency situation - and always the situation with my son.

Again, a few more gray hairs - still hidden, for no one to see, but the lines around my eyes sure can be seen.....- a sure indicator, that I am no spring chicken anymore. 

But here it comes, God has met me in all those circumstances and delivered me again and again, leading me from one place of Glory to another. Hallelujah - thank you so much - my sweet Jesus.

Through people, through music, through books and through therapists, and through His Word, He has ministered to my weary soul. At the brink of depression, I was digging into His Word May and June - and He sure has met me there, and filled my empty cup - so the depression is gone - PTL!!!

Reading #Karen Kingsbury's books over the last 8 years, has changed my understanding of how God is capable of working in our lives - ALL of our lives simultaneously for that matter...... I am forever grateful for these important messages and insights. Thanks Karen, I am honoured to know you from hanging out in your virtual living room, and I sure look forward to more of your books, but most of all to meeting you in March 2012..

So here I want to come to the point of today's blog:

Since school started, I feel a sense of relief regarding the stuff with my son - obviously Satan isn't going to let go easily (bombarding me with doubt, mainly sabotaging the trust I have in God, His Word and His Promise to me and as a consequence my trust in my son's New Life/the New Creation He is in Christ this very minute).

Whenever I feel doubt and worry tucking @my sleeve, I feel the Lord pointing me to Isaiah 43:19 - then to Isaiah 43:18-21 - Don't dwell on the Past. See, I am about to do a new thing - can't you see, I have already begun.....I am making pathways in the wilderness and create rivers through the dry wasteland, so my chosen people (my son) can be refreshed. I have claimed Israel (my son) for myself and they (he) will one day honor me before the whole world.

I believe, that's what He is doing. My son is being renewed by the Holy Spirit - and I am one very happy and grateful Mom, that's for sure. Especially since he also shared, that he has asked Christ into his heart. PTL!!!

Yet, yesterday there was a set back in school - which ALMOST made me loose hope and perspective. But the Lord has been faithful (despite me turning to chocolate as a renown comforter for many years, which made me feel incredibly weak and yucky last night and this morning - again, Satan trying to lure me away, thinking, oh there is no hope and that things will never get any better) the passage in Isaiah keeps coming back over and over again. Faith is believing in the things unseen - and according to our Faith it will be given to us.  

The next thing I read this morning, is, that it's a choice, to loose hope and give in to the bleak picture Satan is painting - or to boldly walk forward, in obedience and claiming the promise, God has set before me. Believing that even in the face of set backs, God is still doing a new thing, making pathways in the wilderness and creating rivers in the parched land. 

All I have to do is trust, believe and obey - and keep holding on to the promises and keep praying them back to God. I am so very grateful, for God reaching down to me and giving me such deep hope and peace. He helps me in the endeavour of retraining my thoughts in the face of the attacks of the Devil. All I have to do, is reach out to my precious God, who is always with me, even in my yuckiest moments. All I have to do is praise him, despite my feelings of defeat and trust that He has truly defeated Satan, and in Him we have Victory!!!

Here we go, and there surely will be more gray hairs over the coming months/years, but as long as I place my hope and my trust in God and His promises, I can't loose - I only get some more wrinkles - life/wisdom lines I call them. :)

Praise the Lord for providing in such a great way!!! Wishing you a hope and a future, that can only come from Him!!!  When we fix our Eyes on Jesus, we will never loose the perspective that leads to eternal life. Praying for you and hoping you enjoyed my first up close and personal blog.

Your sister n Christ,



Youschka

No comments:

Post a Comment