Monday 23 April 2012

Do you speak Holy Spirit....?

It's funny, but I realise a pattern in the way I learn/speak different languages: When I first came to North America, I thought I couldn't hold my own in a conversation, until I dreamt in English - that's when I realised that yes, I am pretty fluent......especially if I am dreaming in this language. English has always been my free language - it's the language I pray in.....most of the time. Even though I make it a point, to teach my kids to pray the 'Lord's Prayer'  and a few other prayers in German (as it's their mother tongue). It's a gift, to grow up bilingual, a gift I will give to my kids. 

In order to get my degree at a Hotel Management School in Switzerland - the French part of Switzerland - I went to Paris to study French. There again, I was doing so so - holding my own in a conversation, until I had a dream, that I was spending an evening with my french family - it hit me, that I had dreamt of my difficulties speaking French, yet I had been able to dream their conversations in perfect French. That's when I knew, that I knew far more than I thought I did.

When I started writing this blog, it was for myself only - yet I felt compelled to write - by the Holy Spirit???..... - when I gave it to a friend of mine to read....there were passages, that I didn't realise I had written. I realised then, that it truly was God/the Holy Spirit prompting me to write - as I had previously thought, yet I hadn't been entirely sure. I, again, I didn't notice until an occasion arose that proved that fact to me. As whoever praises God and honours Christ in His writing writes in Spirit and in Truth. Someone, who is not filled with the Holy Spirit or filled with another Spirit, that isn't from God, would not be able to give Reverence and Glory to God. He might even curse God, and that truly is not of God. So I guess I can say, that means I speak Holy Spirit - do you?

I know, that God imparts different gifts to His followers, and He works in all of His children simultaneously to change us from Glory to Glory - and I cannot boast about the things I am writing about here.....they are not of me, but of His Spirit - He compels me to share my testimony and to write about what I have learnt in my walk with Christ..... - to comfort you and to give you hope. I believe His gift to me is writing - it's something that I always loved to do. He has put this love for writing into my heart, when I was knit together in my mothers womb - He knew, what He wanted me to do, before I could even glimpse it from afar.

It's such an Honour to be writing for Him. That's all I ever dreamt to do - remember I shared, that several years ago, I thought that one day I will write a book. The Title was already there, but nothing else. Well the title was 'In The Name of The Father' - that's the title of my blog. I don't know if this will become a book one day, or if this blog is what God intended me to write..... (at the time blogging didn't even exist) - all I know is, that I will go, where God will lead me, will do what God will lead me to do. As this is the only way I can imagine life from this day forward. 

My prayer for you today is, that you would find your gift, if you haven't found it yet. God has given you special purpose and a special gift or talent. The talent is God's gift to us, what we do with it - how we can honour Him through using our talent is our gift back to God.

I am sure, it's not hidden or hard to find - most of the time it's something that you have enjoyed doing all your life, yet you would never have thought it could be used for the Glory of God.

Heavenly Father, I lift up all the women and men that are reading my blog, that they would find you - they would find the gift you gave them to bring Glory to your name. I know, you are giving me the gift to share my Faith and my story with them, with them in mind. That they might find comfort and hope in it, that they in turn can come to you and that they would trust you with their lives. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ I pray - AMEN

Your sister in Christ - always


No comments:

Post a Comment