Tuesday 10 April 2012

What a Joy I have in Jesus


I hope you had a wonderful Easter - Christ is Risen indeed!!! Hallelujah!!! God is good!!! What an amazing 4 days we had.....Today my parents left for Europe again..... - when I took them to the airport,  my heart was heavy - they do get older and it breaks my heart, to see them leave. 

My heart has been softened towards them over the years - grateful to God for that, as He has taught me to look through the eyes of Grace. I love them dearly, and I am amazed, how things have changed over the last little while - again, I can only say: Thank you Jesus, as He has shifted my understanding of what it really means to honour your parents. - Today I love them with a tender heart and I can give them the honour and respect due, because I do not have to fight for justice regarding old hurts anymore.....

Jesus taught me to forgive many many years ago. And He has transformed me greatly again just recently - I do not even have to be right anymore - and that's not saying, that I let them walk all over me - actually quite the contrary is true: I can say what I need to say, or what the Holy Spirit is prompting me to say, without yelling or accusing, but I can also say nothing, if it's not helpful, inspiring, necessary or kind. The change is happening, through living in the Spirit more and more. The fruit of the Spirit (Love, Peace, Joy, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control) becoming more and more visible in my life - with my children, my parents and all other people in my life. God is just an amazing Father and friend. He has taught me to open my eyes and my ears to the needs of the people around me. 

All I ever hoped to be true in life, that there is a deeper meaning to our existence than to live and die, is true for me today. I know, that I have a purpose much bigger than I could ever fathom. I don't know, where He is leading me just yet, but I know, that it's going to be something that I will have to trust God to do through me, for I wouldn't be able to do it, if I had to do it in my own strength. Already today my life has been altered in a huge way - I am walking by faith today and lean not on my own understanding - that's pretty amazing in itself, as I used to have to have my life nicely planned out ahead of me for the longest time, even if my plans fell apart after a little while.....today I am not even making plans anymore, cause so far, God has brought me, where I am today and it's an awesome place to be. Therefore I can follow the lead of Jesus wholeheartedly, to where He wants me to be and to do what He prepared for me to do before I was even created.

A thankful heart is heading to bed now - hoping and believing that God speaks to you and lifts you out of despair and hopelessness, into a life beyond your wildest dreams - deeply rooted in Him. Safe and secure in Christ.

God bless you all this Easter Monday - 
your sister in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment