Thursday 26 April 2012

Spread you arms and die......

I am speechless - again - seems to happen quite often lately :) - at what God is doing in my life. Today His word for me was, trust me, to carry you over the finish line, if you're too weary.....well, that's still a bit tough for me, I always was far more the doer, than I have ever been the beer......today He'd made it clear though, that He wanted me to step back and relax (guess how He did that: my car broke down, as I was just going back home to let the dog out to pee and then head out again, to meet with a friend of mine)........I had just texted my friend, that I would be there shortly, when my car slowed down, just to stop completely. It needed to be towed into the shop, and is diagnosed at this moment. I didn't have to search far, that He wanted me to stay put. 

There are some things that are gripping my heart right now - not in real fear, but in letting go of old insecurities which really aren't appropriate anymore - He wants me to turn it all over to Him. 'The vultures of darkness ate the crumbs you left - just leave it to me, I'll lead you home '- as Michael W. Smith sings.......yes, I spread my arms and died to my old ways, turned it all over to Him, and left it to Him, to lead me home. I don't need any of these old habits and old character traits anymore

Not easy, that's for sure, but then again, what is here in this world? Plus nobody ever promised us, it would be easy - Jesus did promise us though, that He'd never leave us, and that He'd calm the storms for us or carry us through them - and that we could do all things, through Christ, who strengthens us.

The best is yet to come - when you spread your arms and die to self - you get to spread your wings and fly for Him. I personally rather fly, even if it requires to die first. For the dying to self is necessary to be truly set free to fly. Yet by surrendering All to Jesus, we get so much in return - it still blows me away....I may never actually get accustomed to the thrill of seeing to which extend He wants to be involved in my life and in which measure He is willing to come through for me. 

Right now, He is moving in so many ways in my life - and even though it's tough sometimes, to not try to take hold of the reins again - for fear lurking around the corner, I never want them back at all.  Complete Love casts out all fear......which means, if I fix my eyes upon Jesus, I don't have to be afraid anymore, for He promises me, that no weapon against me should prosper - that He will protect me from my enemies. How can I still be afraid? 

In Christ we stand forevermore - that's all we ever have to do......stand tall in Him and trust, that He will lead us home into His loving arms.

Praying for you right now - Hugs and God's Blessings to you always

No comments:

Post a Comment