Friday 20 April 2012

I am thrilled to see my purpose unfold....

Life has been extremely challenging over the last years - if not to say for the last decade of my life, but when I look at my life today, I would be tempted to say, that the last decade was probably the most blessed - as it has brought me to a point in my life, where I don't want to be anywhere else. My circumstances have not changed a great deal, but I have changed - or maybe I should better say: God has changed me......He has helped me embrace my struggles and look at my life with open eyes - to become completely honest with myself, not blaming my situation on others anymore, to forgive myself for the choices I have made over the years, that brought struggles and challenges my way, and to ask God for His forgiveness regarding the choices, my weaknesses. The whole bit. The more honest I was with Him, the more I placed my shortcomings and iniquities at His feet, the more He set me free. 


Looking back at the challenges with my son and my family, I can say wholeheartedly, that they caused me to grow up, look at my life and admit my failures and let Him cleanse my heart and rescue my soul. So in hindsight, I have to blatantly say, that my struggles and challenges were my greatest blessings - they made me turn around to God and let Him bind up the wounds and hurts, that life had thrown at me.  In turn today I find my life more exciting than ever before, I know that I won't ever have to worry about not being capable of doing something, because as it stands today, I never could do things on my own to begin with, but with Christ all things are possible - therefore I step out in faith, knowing that God would never send me anywhere, where His Grace would not be sufficient for me - and where His strength wouldn't suffice to handle what came my way. Today I can say and truly mean it: Where ever my Father sends me, I will go - trusting His guidance with my whole heart.


You know, the verse Proverbs 3:5-6 has become paramount in my life.....I am glad, that today I don't need to understand His ways anymore, I trust Him to make my paths straight with all my heart.....and I am utterly grateful for that - for this growth, I give the Glory to God, cause He has filled me with the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit has taught me to trust completely - in my own strength I could have not arrived at the point I am at today.


I have no idea, what the future holds - but I know, God has my back and He's there already. He holds me and my family in the palm of His hand.....and He will lead us home!!!


My heart is so full of Joy and Peace, that, if I had to do it all again - I would gladly endure all the hardship again, because I know, God never wastes an ounce of pain, and He can use everything for the Good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 is absolutely true, when I look back on my life - all the choices, all the suffering, all the struggles and challenges, He has definitely turned it around, to work together for my good today. What a blessing that represents to me - I can hardly describe it. 


Praying for you and hoping that when you look back onto your life, that you will be able to say the same thing..... - God is good All the Time!!! 


Your sister in Christ

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to find your blog through your comment on mine. God bless you, sweet sister in Christ
    Anita at Dreaming Beneath the Spires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anita, for your kind words, I am happy to have found your blog, too :)
    God is truly doing marvellous things. Praising Him.

    ReplyDelete